The ACE incubation program Sustainable Chemistry helps you to develop your science concept into a successful company. At the heart of the program is a five-day fulltime 'crash course in entrepreneurship' held 20-24 November 2017. All stages are covered of starting a business and making it thrive. You will learn:
- To understand the Sustainable Chemistry industry trends and market opportunity for your business idea;
- To navigate efficiently the university tech transfer commercialization process;
- To develop an adaptable business model and go-to-market strategy;
- To protect the intellectual property (IP) for your business idea;
- To communicate your business idea effectively.
What's more, at the end of the program you will have the opportunity to pitch your idea to a jury. The winner will receive mentoring and a supporting budget to start her/his own chemical company.
In order to prepare for the contest it is recommended to attend the workshops to Explore Entrepreneurship in Molecular and Life Sciences, held 27 October and 3 November 2017.
The following people are eligible to participate to the competition:
- MSc students registered at the UvA or at the VU who study chemistry or who are taking a minor in chemistry.
- PhD students and post-doctoral researchers working at HIMS.
- PhD students that are member of the research school HRSMC.
- PhD students and Postdocs of other universities may also apply.
You may apply by submitting your information via the ace-incubator.nl website. Click the Apply Now button which will direct you to the application form. Alternatively, you can follow the link:
The deadline for applications is November 6 2017 at 12:00 h.
By entering the competition, participants declare that
- Their application contains original work only;
- They are available to join the complete first week of the Incubation program (from Monday 20 November 2017, 9.00 h. to Friday 24 November 2017, 17:00 h. at ACE, Startup Village, Amsterdam Science Park 608 Amsterdam).
After a formal check by the SusChem board of HIMS, all eligible entries will be judged for originality and relevance by the Industrial Advisory Board of the RPA Sustainable Chemistry. A maximum of ten applicants will be selected to participate in the incubation program. The board’s decision is final.
|6 November 2017||Deadline submitting applications*|
|20-24 November 2017||Start ACE Incubation Program, one week fulltime.|
|24 November 2017||Jury selects winner of the bootcamp|
* All applicants will be contacted personally